Vital Tempered/Toughened glass is made by heating flat glass to just below its softening temperature (650 °c) and suddenly chilling it with jets of cold air. It results in the outer skins under powerful compressive stress and the interior with severe tensile stress. In consequence, the impact applied to the glass will be overcome by the compressive stress on the surfaces to assure safety of use. It is ideal for areas with high wind loads and areas where human contacts are an important consideration.
1. High strength: 5 times stronger than annealed glass.
2. Excellent thermal stability: it withstands abrupt change of temperature
3. Safety: once breakage occurs, the glass disintegrates into small cubical fragments which are relatively harmless to human body.
4 Can’t be drilled or any other processed and edge worked in any manner.
1. Windows and doors
2. Facades and curtain walls
3. Automobile, train, vessel
4. Furniture and decoration
Glass type: various float glass, patterned glass,
Color: Clear, Ultra clear, bronze, Grey, Blue, Green, Pink etc.
Mini size: 300*300mm
Maxi size: 2700*7000mm
GB 15763.2-2009;EN 12150; ASTM 1048; BS 6206:1918; AS/NZS 2008:1996